12 January 2018

spotlighted Hugs challenge card

I had some creative fun today therefore am entering more challenges with this hugs floral spotlight card...
Here's the challenges I am entering this creation into.....

  1. The Flower Challenge #16 (LINK)   Flowers and Spotlight Stamping 
  1. Cute Card Thursday Challenge #512 (LINK)  Something New
A spotlight card is defined as an area within a pattern or image where some of the image is left plain or without colour while another area is coloured,
bringing a highlighted focus to that point which is therefore "spotlighted!"
I used Ranger Jet Black Archival ink to stamp 2 large flower stamps from the  "Flower Shop" stamp set and a small flower stamp from 
the "Petite Petals" stamp set. Both sets are from Stampin' Up. 
I used my awesome new Tim Holtz Stamping Platform 
(I love this tool its fabulous)
I stamped identical floral patterns onto 2 sheets of white card.  
I then trimmed them to size required. The smaller piece was coloured with another new Christmas gift...my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Pens (another wow)
Once matted with black card the smaller piece was layered on top of the other, lining up the flowers on both layers. That top layer really popped!
Using the same pens I coloured the top layer of the 
Honey Bee stamps "Hugs" die cut with an ombre effect using water 
to easily blend yellow and orange colours
I Finished the card with a circular stamped sentiment 
(an old S U set!) some red gems  and some sparkle 
from my Wink of Stella Glitter brush pen

oh what fun I have had today, my heart sings!  
I love my new crafty Christmas gifts
Many Thanks to my Hubby Kev xx


6 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love how you used the double time stamping to highlight your colored image, beautiful, sunny colors that really pop against the black and white background.
Love the bold, water colored sentiment and the beautiful sparkle and shine of the Rhine Stones.
Thank you for playing along with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

Deb said...

Wow, this is so clever, I love it!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Bibi Cameron said...

Beautiful card Teresa. x

Carolee Crafts said...

Another pretty and elegant card

Aileen said...

Stunning, love the colours used and that fabulous sentiment. Your spotlight colouring is perfect, and the card is perfect. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

CherylQuilts said...

Teresa, I absolutely LOVE this card! I really love how you've used the various flowers to create your own "coloring page" and how beautifully it is colored! Love the spotlighting too! Beautifully done, and I am thrilled we've found each other -- on SCS and through our blog! Warm hugs!