23 January 2018

Inspired! by Mr Tim Holtz

It's been quite a rough week... a tummy bug and severe pain from tummy cramps have caused me to have to rest up. I have kept strange sleeping hours as I dipped in and out of bed when I could manage to sleep...sometimes sleeping in the day and awake during the early hours! I went to hospital yesterday where I have been given some medication which I really hope proves to work over this next few days! there s no explanation of whats wrong except that my blood tests came back okay which is good news.

Even though I have not been very active in my card making while resting. I have been able to use the time for a real inspiration download!

In January every year the creative craft industry gathers at a convention centre in Phoenix, Arizona, for "Creativation" its the trade show where business' share their new products and wow everyone with their ongoing creative genius.
By typing "Creativation 2018" into the Youtube search box I found lots of inspiring videos and was wowed by the creative awesomeness.
There's so much good stuff coming out in 2018 BUT!  One person really did inspire me more than anyone....Mr Tim Holtz!  he has a passion for mixed media, vintage ephemera, grunge, and colour! I haven't gone down the mixed media or grunge route in my creativity but I am all about colour especially this year! So I watched and learned LOL. Tims new releases with Sizzix dies have really wowed me. The flowers and 3d embossing folders and embosslits are awesome and so my wish list grew!
But colour in the form of Distress Oxide Inks has really got my attention now! I watched him demonstrate these inks and was so inspired.
Tim Holtz has released a further 12 colours making the set up to 36 now. and announced that the full set of 60 will be made available this year. Finally, I  feel I want them! it's strange how something doesn't turn your head and then a year later and all of a sudden the creative sparks fly and inspiration comes and well there you go!
So after deciding to put them on my wish list I have been looking at these Distress Oxide ink pads and been trying hard to decide where to start in my collection! I don't need (or want) all of them but the trouble is every time I make a list the list changes lol.
Do I want the very brights? the blues / turquoises  what do I really want? gotta get the pinks! what about a rainbow?...indecision or what?

Its amazing how the price varies from shop to shop but then the sting of postage brings them kind of in line with each other. I don't have deep pockets full of cash for spending, we still need to eat! so I am gonna limit myself to 3 ink pads at a time now which 3?  I am torn between Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry for my first pink,


next up is Broken China, Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers, then confusingly Cracked Pistachio,  Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet Abandoned Coral and Spicy Marmalade where do I start LOL... Three of the new colours I definitely know I want to get are Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, and Shaded Lilac but these three have not made it to the shops yet! so I will start with collections 1 & 2!



below is a pic of the new set 3 release...


No comments: