11 January 2018

Pretty in Pink

I shared in my last post about the kindness stamps and dies I had recently bought from Honey Bee Stamps
Something I have been wanting to do in 2018 is start entering card making challenges again. Therefore,  I Googled cardmaking challenges and found some challenges to follow.
So today I am playing along for the first time with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge.
here's their sketch #416
I kinda turned the sketch around so the little pennants are at thetop and bottom of my card but kept the 5" x 7" card in landscape orientation . I had a good look at the DT cards and it seemed ok to do that!
here's my tuesday morning challenge card entry...
I used my new scrapbooking paper pad which my Hubby Kev had bought me just before Christmas.  I have to admit I find it hard to use the papers I really really like. But I wanted to make a pretty feminine creation as I have a lovely lady in mind for this card!
I like florals and I love roses so I had to be very brave (LOL) and cut the rose paper for the background. I am glad that I did, I love it!
I cut the "Kindness" die from white linen card three times and stacked them up on top of each other which gave the word some dimension. I used the stamps from the co-ordinating stamp set for the words on the little pennants.
The card felt unfinished! and my eyes were distracted by that lovely rose pattern. I had to bring the focus back into the centre of the card. The addition of the half doily, tiny butterflies and sparkly gems helped to achieve this
I am really happy with the card and enjoyed my first play along with the Tuesday Morning Challenge and with my new Honey Bee Stamps set below. As for the rest of that lovely scrapbook paper?
I may even do some scrapbook layouts, we will have to see where inspiration takes me!



5 comments:

Bibi Cameron said...

This is adorable! Challenges are great to keep creative. Many hugs and TFS x

Carol L said...

It's so nice to have you joining the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge with your beautiful card! I love the theme, and especially all those pretty butterflies and pearl accents! We look forward to seeing you play along in future TMS challenges too! Good luck!

Debbie said...

So glad you found us at TMS! Your card is gorgeous!!
Beautiful papers and embellies!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

I love this card! The colors are beautiful. I've been coveting this stamp/die set for sooo long. You did a lovely job with it. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Patti said...

OMY, this so MY kind of card I just love everything about it!! I'm so very happy you found us at Tuesday Morning Sketches and I do hope you join us again this coming week!!